Full Stack Developer
We are a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
We are seeking an energetic full-stack web and app developer with strong front-end skills to help propel our digital design team to the next phase of innovation. The ideal candidate will bring a solid, experienced portfolio of work, a strong passion for pushing the envelope, and determined to bring our clients the best solutions possible. The developer will participate in planning, technical reviews, partner with instructional designers, product managers, and other team members as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, perform technical design reviews, release and provide input for design and development of courses.
- Design and develop websites/web apps using security best practices and performance optimization (front-end and back-end).
- Create mobile responsive sites using clean standards-compliant code that is compatible with all major modern browsers and devices.
- Create mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Use WordPress theme and create plug-in customization.
- Develop using a design pattern, such as the Model-View-Controller (MVC).
- Use web-based issue tracking tools or bug trackers for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Experience working with SCORM
- Self-motivated and effective in an end-to-end project ownership
- Experience working in higher education or SEO
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong design sensibilities: visual, UX/UI Excellent vision for creating sleek, modern and functionally pragmatic web applications
- Unquenchable thirst to grow and learn new skills; keen ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills: quickly and coherently provide wireframes, sitemaps, technical documentation
- Corporate learning and/or marketing experience is preferred
- Experienced with cross-functional project leadership preferred
- Exceptional customer service competencies
- Enjoys helping and interacting with other people in a friendly courteous manner and give continuous attention to customer satisfaction
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and take the initiative to resolve issues before they become problems
- Ability to work in a high volume rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to collaborate and compromise, including team leadership
- Strong active listening skills
- Ability to follow through with commitments and show concern for the needs of others
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay focused on tasks
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion
- Prefers to stay busy with a full workload and enjoys meeting challenges
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and meet deadlines
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Mind Rocket Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Mind Rocket Interactive will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.